Applying For A Grant
The Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation, Inc. (“The Foundation”) is a New York State not-for-profit corporation for the study of New York State history, with an special emphasis on the Town of Islip, Suffolk County. The Foundation’s fiscal year is December 1 to November 30; grants are reviewed twice per year. The Foundation is a qualified charity under IRS code 501 (c)(3).
Before submitting your application, please check that your project or program matches The Foundation’s published interests, and ensure that The Foundation will consider providing the form of grant support you seek. Additional information about The Foundation may be obtained from The Foundation’s offices:
The Robert David Lion Gardiner Foundation, Inc.
148 E. Montauk Highway, Suite 1
Hampton Bays, NY 11946
All hard copies must be received by the Foundation by 5:00 p.m. on the deadline submission date.
Do not bind hard copies; place in a folder and/or use a paper clamp.
- Please type all proposals.
- Please answer all of the questions in the order listed.
- Please use headings as provided.
- Please submit only one copy.
- Please don’t include any materials other than those specifically requested at this time.
- Please do not send videotapes.
All applicants complete the Main Application Form, Proposal Checklist and parts A – E, plus attachments.
In addition, complete the additional forms as applicable to your project:
1. Cataloging/Digital Imaging
2. Conservation of Objects
3. Collections Care
5. Cultural Resource & Historic Landscape Surveys
6. Historic Structure Reports & Conditions Assessments
7. Structural Stabilization & Restoration
7a. Municipal Funding Application
8. Adaptive Reuse and New Construction
8a. Municipal Funding - Adaptive Reuse New Construction
9. Exhibitions, Research, Educational Programs & Publications
9a. Higher Education - Colleges & Universities
10. Organizational Capacity Building
11. Collections Management Training (see Guidelines for Collections Management Training)